How to find us
Please click on the map below to enlarge it!
Arrival by plane
After arrival at Wien Schwechat airport, there are several ways to get to Hotel Atlanta:
A handpicked cab driver will take you comfortably and directly from the airport to Hotel Atlanta at a cost of € 46.- or for € 41.- from Hotel Atlanta to the airport for up to 4 passengers, including luggage. Transfer time about 20 minutes. Reservation and flight details required.
- City Airport Train (CAT):
It takes the CAT 16 minutes from the airport to Wien-Mitte (click City Airport Train for more information). From “Wien-Mitte”, take U3 to “Westbahnhof”, then U6 to “Volksoper”. Switch to tram 41 or 42 and exit at stop "Sensengasse" which is closest to Hotel Atlanta (click Subway net for more information).
- Vienna Airport Lines:
Bus service from airport to city. Click Vienna Airport for more information.
For example, you can take the airport bus to “Westbahnhof”. Switch to tram 5 and exit at "Spitalgasse/Währinger Straße". This stop is about 200 meters away from Hotel Atlanta.
- Other public transport: S-Bahn (high-speed railroad):
Take S2 from the airport to “Wien-Mitte”. From there, follow the same directions as given above for the CAT. Click VOR for more information.
Arrival by car
- From the West (i.e. from Germany, France, Switzerland, Salzburg, Linz, St. Pölten): Via highway 1 (A1) to Gürtel (B221). Follow the road sign Praha/Brno until you reach the landmark Volksoper. Turning there to the right (look for road sign “Zentrum”), you are now on Währinger Straße. Hotel Atlanta is about 300 meters on a corner to the right.
- From the South (i.e. from Italy, Graz): Via highway 2 (A2) to Gürtel (B221). From there, follow the same directions as given for an arrival from the West.
- From the East and the airport: Take the airport highway (A4) and follow road sign “Zentrum” which leads you onto Schüttelstraße. At intersection with Friedensbrücke, turn left onto Alserbachstraße. Turn left at intersection with Nußdorfer Straße and again left at intersection with Währinger Straße.
- From the North: Via “Donauuferautobahn” (highway A22). Follow the road signs “Wien” and “Zentrum”. Leave the highway at exit “Floridsdorf”. Cross “Floridsdorfer Brücke” (a bridge) and drive along Adalbert-Stifter-Straße, Döblinger Gürtel and Währinger Gürtel until you reach the landmark Volksoper. Turn left there, and you are on Währinger Straße.
- From the city center: Travel along Ringstraße until you reach the landmark Burgtheater (a theatre). Turn left at intersection with Währinger Straße.
Arrival by train
Click ÖBB for train schedules and details.
- Arrival at Westbahnhof (west station); i.e. from Germany, France, or Switzerland: Take tram 5 and exit at stop Spitalgasse/Währinger Straße.
- Arrival at Central Station i.e. from Italy, Croatia, Hungary: Take tram D to stop Schottentor. Switch to tram 37, 38, 40, 41 or 42 and exit at stop Spitalgasse/Währinger Straße.
- Arrival at Nordbahnhof Praterstern (north station): Take tram 5 and exit at stop Spitalgasse/Währinger Straße.
Arrival by ship
The river Danube is not only used for romantic leisure travel but also for regular travel to/from Vienna to Budapest (Hydrofoil) and Bratislava. Click Twin City Liner and DDSG Blue Danube for more information. Take U1 to stop Karlsplatz/Oper, switch to U2 and exit at stop Schottentor, switch to tram 37, 38, 40, 41 or 42 and exit at stop Spitalgasse/Währinger Straße.back to top
Arrival by bicycle
“Treppelweg” is an enchanting bicycle route. You can ride your bike along the river Danube from Passau to Vienna and beyond. Click Radrouten durch die Stadt for more information.back to top
Arrival by tram, subway, night bus
- Tram 37: from Schottentor to Hohe Warte
- Tram 38: from Schottentor to Grinzing
- Tram 40: from Schottentor to Herbeckstraße
- Tram 41: from Schottentor to Pötzleinsdorf
- Tram 42: from Schottentor to Antonigasse
- Tram 5: from Westbahnhof to Praterstern
- Subway U6: from Siebenhirten to Floridsdorf; exit at stop Volksoper. Switch to tram 41 or 42 and exit at stop Sensengasse.
- Subway U2: from Aspernstraße to Karlsplatz;
exit at stop Schottentor. Switch to tram 37, 38, 40, 41 or 42 and exit at stop Spitalgasse/Währinger Straße.
- Night bus N41: from Schottentor to Pötzleinsdorf; exit at stop Sensengasse; click Nightline N41 for more information.